If your days are filled with outings and obligations – leaving next to no time for healthy food preparation, I’ve got the solution. If you find yourself searching for an easy and convenient way to lose weight and stay healthy, I’ve got the solution. If you’re looking for a way to beat the heat with nourishing hydration, yup, you know what, I’ve got the solution people. Oh yes, I’ve got The Smoothie Solution.
What are Smoothies?
Smoothies, by definition, are blended beverages that contain a combination of liquid, whole fruit and additions that include greens, nuts/seeds, yogurt &/or superfoods. They are most often raw, meaning they are jam packed with helpful enzymes – promoting digestibility and proper absorption. Always wondered what the difference is between juicing and blending?
Smoothies blend all of the ingredients together – keeping the fiber & pulp.
Juices separate the juice from the fiber – allowing a whole wack of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients to easily be delivered in an easy to drink fashion.
Why are Smoothies the smoothest solution?
Where do I begin? Smoothies are an easy way of providing your bodacious bod with ultimate nourishment. Stack your blender with foods that are full of vitamins, minerals & phytonutrients plus healthy fats, carbohydrates and proteins and the benefits speak for themselves:
□ Improved digestion: Blending food = pre-chewed for improved absorption.
□ Weight loss: As a meal replacement, smoothies contain fewer calories than a normal meal, supporting your wonderful weight loss goals.
□ Convenience: Stack your ingredients in your blender the night before to quickly blend in the morning. Or, store already made smoothies in mason jars for up to 24 hours for an easy grab and go snack or meal. This is by far my #1 reason!
□ Curb cravings and ease constipation: Over the next two weeks we will be talking two big C’s – cravings and constipation. Stayed tuned to discover how to kick your salt, carb and sugar cravings for good and how to ease stubborn constipation – naturally!
How can I make these super smooth Smoothies?
1. Add liquid first. Liquid options include filtered water, coconut water, unsweetened nut milk, kombucha, kefir or cooled herbal tea.
2. Going green? Add your greens next. A 3:1 ratio of greens to fruit is a good guideline. Blend until smooth.
3. Next, add whole fruit. If you prefer your smoothie cold, be sure to make sure this fruit is frozen. Tip: peel and freeze your bananas to add a cool & creamy texture.
4. Add in healthy fats : 1 – 2 tbsp coconut oil, avocado, hemp oil, hemp hearts, nut butter and nuts are all fabulous fats.
5. Finish with some superfoods (optional): raw cacao, spirulina, bee pollen, acai, maca, camu camu. Note: No need to break the bank and purchase these all at once. Try including one at a time, and allow your body time to adjust before moving onto the next.
My Top Three Smoothie must-have’s
Claire LeGresley, RHN
And to receive a weekly newsletter with nourishing tips like these plus recipes & food for thought, be sure to sign up for Wellness Wednesdays here. http://eepurl.com/HGWzP
Posts inspired by the team at Platinum Health & Wellness.