We’re in the thick of it! Summer that is. Bring on the cottage getaways, camping trips, beautiful beach days and righteous road trips. Regardless if you’ve been planning your trip for months or if you’re fun in the sun is spontaneous; know that keeping your healthy habits on track is really – quite – simple.
Easy meal prep for travel means stocking your fridge and pantry with smart snacks. So that even if you’re strapped for time, you’ll be reaching for healthy options effortlessly – allowing you to focus on other things, like catching up on your reading. And don’t worry, I’ve got you covered for that too. Now that’s some serious summer snack lovin’.
No Prep Snack List
No time? No problem. This list is for you:
- Ryvita crackers with almond butter & jam
- Apple/pear and almond butter
- Celery and nut butter
- Hummus and veggie sticks
- Mary’s crackers
- Tuna (Raincoast is a reputable brand)
- Lean turkey slices, 100% grass fed beef/turkey jerky
- Individual Greek yogurt containers
- Seaweed snacks
- 1 scoop protein powder & 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ avocado sprinkled with hemp hearts, salt & pepper
Minimal Prep Snack List
A little planning goes a long way. Pre-make these snacks to take with you:
- Homemade trail mix – try: almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, dried tart cherries, golden berries, cacao nibs
- Air popped popcorn (with coconut oil & sea salt)
- Bean salad: 1 can mixed beans, ½ red onion chopped, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, salt & pepper
- Goat cottage cheese with tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and celery
- Hard boiled eggs
- Crunchy chickpeas (2 cups of cooked chickpeas tossed in hot sauce, lime juice and sea salt. Baked at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until crunchy)
“In a pinch” Snack List
Fresh is best, but just in case…
The Simply Bar
Elevate Me Bar
Bottled green/fruit juice
Claire LeGresley, RHN
And to receive a weekly newsletter with nourishing tips like these plus recipes & food for thought, be sure to sign up for Wellness Wednesdays!
Posts inspired by the team at Platinum Health & Wellness.